Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Baby Quilt Speed Record!

Courtesy of a rainy weekend (and a nicely small-sized baby quilt), all I have left to do is bind my friend's baby quilt. (Well, unless you think otherwise...keep reading.)

My plan for quilting this little guy was just simple straight lines 1/4" on either side of the block seams. Which I like. But now that that part's done, do I just revel and relax in its simplicity, or does it need something more? Here's a close-up photo of the front.


Believe me when I say that 95% of me wants to hogtie the other 5% of me that keeps suggesting some sort of filler pattern for the squares. All those starts and stops. So much room for error on a quilt that I want to be as perfect as possible because it's for a dear friend. I know the best way to be a better machine quilter is to practice, but this is not really the quilt I want to practice on! And I do love the simplicity of what I've got.

So I'm waffling.
Please tell me what you think. I also had considered quilting straight horizontal and vertical lines as well, but the strips on the back are not exactly straight, and quilting parallel to them would only draw attention.

Here are some additional photos of the front and back. After three days of non-stop rain, I really shouldn't be complaining about the sun being "too bright." So I won't. I'll let the photos do the talking. An attempt in the sun, in attempt in the shade, and the best attempt being in the sunroom, complete with it's lack of attractive background/outdoor setting for my photos. But at least the colors are fairly accurate!










10 comments:

  1. I wouldn't do any more quilting - it looks great the way it is - it doesn't look incomplete. Cute quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is perfect. The only thing missing is a label.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it the way it is, the back is just as wonderful as the front!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's perfect! Bind it and gift it to your friend. The quilt is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a lovely quilt! I would leave the quilting as it is. Practice on something else that isn't as dear to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could kiss all 5 of you that commented! Thank you! Going to get started on the binding now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the simple quilting! The straight lines add a real elegance to the quilt. I see what you mean now from your description tonight! I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd leave it if it were me. With a year old grandson, I've seen him tracing simple patterns on quilts and blankies I've made him --not so much the more intricate patterns. It's gorgeous btw.

    ReplyDelete