Thursday, April 25, 2013

2 Blocks and I'm in!

I joined a really fun group of southwest Michigan quilters back in January to form the Great Lakes Modern Quilt Guild. So far, we've had 3 meetings, and I've made it to one. Clearly I'm campaigning for Member of the Year! :)

However, our April meeting is a virtual one, so it was hard to miss! Each member was invited to make one (or more) Converging Corners blocks by Ashley at Film in the Fridge.

Here are my two:



I definitely over-thought the process while sewing, but even so, I enjoyed making the blocks. Each block made counts as an entry in the drawing to win all the blocks. Wouldn't that be fun?!?

I'd love to make a few more, but apparently I'm out of Kona White (which was requested as part of the Challenge), so I'd better go shopping!

You can see the other members' blocks here and follow our new guild here.


3 comments:

  1. Hey, they look just great! Way to go! I love them. Thanks for participating.

    I had to really think it out, too. It was not easy for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blocks. Aren't they fun to make. Thanks for the links. I like seeing them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this block a lot. I find myself running out of Kona White quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete