Friday, April 5, 2013

Friday Ombre Dot Finish!

My chevron ombre dot quilt from the Sew Fine Fabric Sew-Along is done!

 And I'm really happy with it!

Thank you so much to everyone who left a comment with their thoughts on the quilting. I took Lisa's (and parts of several others') idea of doing the "full" (i.e. straight line quilting every 1/4" - 1/2") quilting on the lightest fabric. And then I went two steps farther. I quilted two evenly spaced lines in the darkest fabric and just one center line in the medium fabric. You can see the detail below.

If I'd wanted to be more orderly, I would have done the two lines in the medium fabric and the single line in the dark fabric, but I thought of that AFTER I'd zigzagged a few rows and I didn't feel strongly enough about it to do some ripping! 

 I really love the how the quilting texture shows up on both front and back here. 

A shot of the front and back. My choices today for photography were glaring sunlight (not going to complain...it's finally getting warm-ish!) or dark shade. Neither ideal, so you get some of each.

And just for fun, the roll shot, so you can really appreciate the orange with the blue. 


I'm linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict's Can I get a whoop whoop Friday, Crazy Mom Quilts' Finish it up Friday and the Flickr group for Sew Fine Fabric. 

20 comments:

  1. so that is so very pretty! Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wonderful! Love the aqua and orange combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh it turned out lovely! The extra lines look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like it! It came out so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilting looks great and the color combo rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats great!! Love the orange and blue together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I about screamed when the picture popped up... I was so excited that you took my suggestion... It looks awesome!!! Just jumps off the screen!! Yeah! GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome result!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That quilt turned out fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how your quilt turned out. Your straight line quilting is perfect for this quilt. I like the variation in widths between the lines. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just gorgeous!
    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely beautiful and love the orange backing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this quilt!!! Your quilting is perfect and the orange backing is perfect - great pop!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's just beautiful! I love zig zag quilts, and the quilting is a perfect choice, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I should say you should be happy with it. I love it. I just love how the dots and color worked out. The quilting is just wonderful, too. Will we be seeing this at guild Tuesday night? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the colors--especially the contrasting binding- great job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have that fabric and would love to make it, can you give cutting instructions? I'm a little overwhelmed with the ombre dots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Karen, I'd be happy to but it'll take me a few days. I will get to it though!

      Delete