So far, this is probably the quilt that I put the most time thinking and planning how I was going to quilt it--I just couldn't decide, and some of the things I wanted to do, I didn't feel like I could actually accomplish.
What I ended up doing:
--1/4" spaced straight line quilting in the letters; pebble quilting around the letters, and then "stripes" in a diamond around the center section. The stripes are alternately filled with wavy lines and circles.
I am happy with how the patchwork is still the main focus of the quilt--that was my main concern, making sure the quilting didn't distract from the piecing. I'm looking forward to getting this bound so I can wash it...hide some of the not as great stitches!