Friday, May 30, 2014

May ALYOF: A quilted quilt!

I'm happy to say that I finished my May A Lovely Year of Finishes goal...and even a few days early! I enjoy machine quilting smaller quilts better--they are easier to manhandle and they go more quickly! 
This quilt is a baby gift for my newest niece, born last August. I just need to bind it and then send it to her! You can read more about the design/fabric choices here, and see my beginning of the month May goal here.


I did a little wavy freeform quilting in the background of each pennant section (including under the pennants that flap!) and then tried an orange peel design in the fourpatches. I really like the concept of the orange peel quilting, but I definitely need a little practice on it. 

The side texture shot:

Now to decide what my June goal will be...

2 comments:

  1. It looks great! Congrats on finishing your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on meeting your goal! The quilt looks great, I love the pennants that lift up!

    ReplyDelete