Thursday, May 22, 2014

My Small Study: Blogger's Quilt Festival Miniature Quilt Entry

Here's my second entry for the Blogger's Quilt Festival at Amy's Creative Side, this one for the miniature category. (You can read about my first entry, in the scrap quilt category, here.)

I made this mini (measuring approximately 45" in perimeter) at a "Small Studies" workshop with Gwen Marston back in April--what a great day!


I chose to use several of sea-colored solids for my small study, along with olive green, two creams, and a tiny check. Since I don't actually live by the sea, photographing this piece outside with some plant life seemed like a good second choice!

The workshop was fantastic, as was Gwen herself. She demonstrated how to make different types of "parts" and then figure out which ones would go together to create a small study.

A close-up of some of my favorite parts:

Me with Gwen at the end of the workshop:

I used a single fold binding to finish it off--I love how quickly binding goes on such a small piece!

Thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

  1. I love both improv and tiny so this is great! Wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a gorgeous piece of modern art!

    ReplyDelete