Tuesday, August 5, 2014

August ALYOF Goal

So...I didn't make my July goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes. While this was not the (whole) reason why, I still thought I'd share.

See the belly?!?!

What kind of crazy person makes a goal that involves basting a quilt (albeit small) when 8.5 months pregnant? Oh yeah, I guess that would be me.

I could have finished. But it would have involved staying up late the last two nights in July, and quite frankly, I'm craving and conserving sleep right now before the baby comes!

I'm almost halfway done, and it looks like this:
I really like the pebbling in the white. I'm a little less enthused about the wavy lines in the colored parts, but I think the white is what will stand out, so that's what matters.

I'm repeating my July goal for August--to get this quilt top quilted. And being almost halfway there, even with a baby on the way, I should make it!


4 comments:

  1. it's a lovely quilt Ellie....I love the pebbles too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice and congratulations on that new baby that is on the way. I presume the quilt is for the baby. A nice keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl!!! Get it finished before the baby arrives or you may not make this goal until 2015!! It is a beautiful quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I have done some things like that. I have a list of the projects I finished before my son's birth (my last child, ages and ages ago) and one of them was "finish baby quilt." I totally understand the need to Get Things Done! Congrats on the upcoming baby--we'll be watching this space to get the update!

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete