I actually finished my October ALYOF goal on October 10th. Awesome, huh? And then it took me 3 more weeks to photograph my finish and write this post. :)
My goal was to finish assembling the blocks into the second of two quilt tops for my big boys' bedroom. (My mom had assembled the first one.) What made this goal a little more challenging is that I decided both quilt tops needed one extra row, so in addition to assembling mine, I had to find more fabric and make 18 more blocks!
Here are the two quilt tops next to each other:
Part of my stalling in writing this post was because I also wanted to show you the pieced backs of the quilts. One's done, just not trimmed or photographed, and the other isn't assembled yet. But on attempt #2, I found the perfect backing fabric! And in a completely unrelated note, I have 5 yards of a slightly-too-bright lime green tonal fabric to use for something. So that'll be another post for a different day!
I'm thinking these quilts might be on the boys' beds by Christmas!!!
Find out more about ALYOF and see all the participants' finishes at Sew BitterSweet Designs and Fiber of All Sorts.