Monday, June 1, 2015

Machine quilting 4 ways

I completed my May A Lovely Year of Finishes goal--to machine quilt my scallop quilt.


I kept with my plan of using a different motif in each colored section, but I totally changed my original plan. I started on the goldenrod section, with plans to quilt swirls in the wider striped areas. But after I finished the stripes, I liked how they looked on their own. 
Then I did the lavender area, and again, I planned to add squiggly lines or something between the diagonal stripe rows. But I kind of liked the simplicity of the lines. I echo quilted the dark purple area, and then went to my old standby, pebbles, for the light yellow area. I feel like that is the "one of these things is not like the other" area, since the other three are all linear, but I thought it would be interesting to do one motif different from the others. 
Now to bind this! I'm thinking either the lavender or the dark purple. 


2 comments: