Tuesday, June 30, 2015

June ALYOF: Bound!

When I posted my ALYOF goal for June, I was trying to decide between the reddish Kaffe stripe I had originally picked out to bind my new bed quilt and the greenish version. I bought the greenish version and waited patiently for it to arrive (about June 16th...half the month gone!). And guess what? I didn't like it as much as the red. I really like the contrast of the red against the periwinkle side of the quilt, and I like how the binding is similar in value to the brown, so it's more subtle on the busier side of the quilt.
So now I have 1 yard of a greenish Kaffe stripe. Darn. I guess I'll have to figure out some way to use it...


So life got in the way, as it often does, and I machine stitched the binding to the quilt top last night (June 29). Leaving me--yep--one day to hand sew the binding to the back side of the quilt. 

Guess what I did today? 
:)

Actually, it worked out really well. My babysitter had to leave early, and the two bigger boys were riding bikes while the little guy hung out with me. We've had a fairly cool June here in Michigan, so having the edge of a quilt resting on my legs wasn't too hot (note to self for next time though--don't bind queen-size quilts in summer!). 

Here is my sewing buddy, who mostly sat and filled his face while I stitched. He and I are both sitting on my first quilt ever, which is our outdoor quilt.


I had to take a picture when I got to this point. How can you not smile at these colors and fabrics? I also fell in love with the quilting all over again. Can't wait to put this on my bed!

Thrilled to have this done--this is one of those things that could have sat for quite a while, waiting to be finished, but it's D-O-N-E!!!



3 comments:

  1. Got to love anything Kaffe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a nice bed sheet it is. You can also check out camp bed which is more comfortable and made for outdoor use.

    ReplyDelete