Tuesday, July 7, 2015

What's pale and red with black stitches all over?

My thumb! Yep, my rotary cutter attacked me last Thursday (apparently I was cutting too hastily and not paying enough attention?). The blade jumped the ruler edge and left a lovely gash in my thumb. I'll spare you the gory photo.

The result? 11 lovely little stitches and a thumb that's none too helpful at the moment.

And, instead of finishing the project I was working on (a tutorial I'll be sharing soon), as well as packing for the weekend away and making flag shirts for my youngest son and nephew (see my boys' shirts below and find the tutorial here), I visited the urgent care center. It could have been so much worse, so I won't complain.

But I am giving myself an easy ALYOF goal for July to compensate.

My goal is to add the binding to this quilt:
I am choosing between using one of the four colors featured in the quilt, or if I feel really fancy, I will bind each section in its own color.

And then my unofficial goal for the month, prompted by last week's injury:
Purchase something like this:


Should I be surprised that it's called the Klutz Glove?!

2 comments:

  1. Ouch!!! I hope it heals quickly so you can wear those gloves. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why haven't you had one of those gloves all along?!?!?

    ReplyDelete