Monday, August 31, 2015

August ALYOF Complete! (and bundle winner)


My August ALYOF goal was to transform this pile of fabric into a quilt top for a soon-to-be-born nephew. 

Goal: Complete! 
I was excited to get this quilt top made! I checked back in my pictures and posts--I posted my goal on August 7 (on a tight deadline like usual) and stitched most of the quilt top that evening. Then it took me from the 7th until today, the 31st, to add the blue triangles to the corners, photograph it, and post! 

Nothing says "baby" like a little Grunge fabric, right?! 


We have plans to see our new nephew toward the end of September, so I need to get the quilting started on this so it doesn't come down to the wire. I'm planning lots of straight line quilting following the on point square shape. Then maybe a red binding? We'll see...

Speaking of babies, thanks to everyone who visited and left comments on my Baby Blocks in a Box post! The randomly selected winner is Linda Lawton!



Congratulations, Linda, please email me at lequilter (at) gmail.com with your mailing address so I can pass it along to Windham.

No comments:

Post a Comment