Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Blogger's Quilt Festival Entry: Ocean Waves

My second entry for the Fall 2015 Blogger's Quilt Festival is another quilt I designed myself, 
Ocean Waves. 

I pieced this quilt entirely with turquoises from my stash. (Yep, clearly I like turquoise!). In direct contrast to that, I had to buy 6 different grays to round out my gray stash for those 4 blocks. I have plenty of gray, too, but gray is such a tricky color! 


After I designed this quilt, I submitted it to Modern Patchwork magazine. It was accepted (yay!) and then I asked my friend Diane Oakes to quilt it. She did, in record time, and I sent it off to the magazine. 

Quilting close-up:

You can really see the quilting motif on the back, too:

More recently, this quilt also hung in the modern row of our guild's show,
Quilts Kalamazoo. 


Quilt stats: 

Size: 56" x 66"
Designed and pieced by: me
Quilted by: Diane Oakes


See more about my two quilts featured in Modern Patchwork here.


2 comments: