Sunday, January 31, 2016

January OMG - Complete!

My One Monthly Goal project this month was to machine quilt this baby quilt. I'm thrilled with how it turned out! This quilting project was also a great example of how 15 minutes here and 15 minutes there can be a productive way to work! 





I knew I wanted to do a crosshatch pattern in the background, but then at the GLMQG meeting last weekend, I was admiring the speaker's vest--it had two different sizes of crosshatching on it. So I borrowed that idea, doing a 1" crosshatch at the top and bottom, and a 2" crosshatch in the middle. 
Like my quilt model? It was too rainy to go outside, so he volunteered to hold it for pictures

I outlined the animals three or four times with free motion quilting, and then ended the crosshatch lines at the outermost outline. 

I love taking texture shots! 

So happy to finally have this quilted! 

Thanks again to Heidi at Red Letter Quilts for organizing OMG for 2016.

5 comments:

  1. It looks adorable with the two different cross hatch sizes and other designs. Nicely done and I'm sure the baby will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done, the quilting seems perfect for this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and the two sizes of cross hatching are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a gorgeous quilt and love how you quilted it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you varied the size of the crosshatching!!! It really adds to the whole look of this adorable quilt!! Congratulations on meeting your goal!!!

    ReplyDelete