Wednesday, December 7, 2016

OMG: December

It's December and I don't have any holiday gift sewing to do! 
With no December 25th deadlines breathing down my neck, I'm making my One Monthly Goal something fun for myself. Three or so years ago, I stitched this lone star as part of a challenge from Victoria Findlay Wolfe's 15 Minutes Play. Basically, she sent a number of volunteers an ugly fabric and asked that we make something with it and made fabric. This is what I came up with. You can see the "ugly" fabric in the outer points. 




My goal for December is to finish this as a wall hanging (or pillow, but I'm thinking wall hanging--that star is only blanket stitched on and won't last long in my house of boys if it's a throw pillow!). 

Here's to holiday decor! 


2 comments:

  1. I love lone star quilts. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lone star is beautiful! Love it!

    ReplyDelete