Monday, March 6, 2017

OMG March: Mr. Froggy

I've got my March goal for One Monthly Goal over at Elm Street Quilts! And totally by coincidence, it's green! 

Three years ago, on a family trip to Disney World, I took a photo of a tile floor in a bathroom, thinking it would make a great quilt. 


Three years later, the idea became a quilt top, in large part thanks to my mom. She's a quilter as well, and always happy to pitch in with some sewing help. I sent her the directions for making the quilt, as well as a bag of green, blue and white scraps. 

Here's what she returned to me: 
(Thanks Mom!)

My March goal is to machine quilt Mr. Froggy. After spending a long weekend staring at Jacquie Gering's walking foot machine quilting, I'm eager to try out some of her designs!

4 comments:

  1. Very fun. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out so cute. I've always loved frogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute frog quilt, it will be great to have it finished.

    ReplyDelete