Sunday, April 30, 2017

April: OMG complete!

I finished my April One Monthly Goal! My goal had been to take the star blocks you see here and finish the quilt. 
I ended up adding a little pop of color to the outer border for one reason only--I ran out of the background gray fabric and decided I would finish the quilt with what fabric I had rather than getting more. I had leftover scraps of the star colors, so i pieced a section using the colors from each star for that particular side. 
I love the bright colors in this quilt! The solids are all from Paintbrush Studio's Painter's Palette Solids, and they're such a silky pleasure to work with. 

Find the tutorial I used from Confessions of a Fabric Addict here.

4 comments:

  1. I love this quilt and the color pop in the border is perfect. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really eye catching! I really like the border!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant solution to your problem!! Really adds so much to the quilt and you were definitely thinking like the quilters of yesteryear who used what they had to finish a quilt!! Congrats on your finish...now to get it quilted!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty. Great color selections also. I just finished my Exploding Stars quilt top, and hope to quilt it soon :)

    ReplyDelete