Thursday, September 7, 2017

September OMG

A few months ago, inspired by this image I found online, I started making some wonky blocks. 


My palette is gray paired with brights--all solids--trying to use up many of my Painter's Palette Solids scraps! I have four done so far. They're actually just wonky Log Cabin blocks with careful color placement. I love this kind of piecing! 

My OMG goal for September at Elm Street Quilts is to make eight more of these blocks so that I'm ready to assemble the quilt top with a total of twelve blocks. I'm not sure if I'll try to assemble them like the image I found, or if I'll just stick with straight rows. Maybe that'll be November's goal! :) 

3 comments:

  1. They are really cool blocks and will make into a fabulous quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun blocks! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These make me think of improv Greek key design. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete