Tuesday, July 23, 2019

NEW Pattern Release: On the Go

I'm excited to release my latest pattern, On the Go!
Purchase the pattern here.


The idea for this quilt has been in my floating around since last fall, when I first started playing with the design in Adobe Illustrator. The quilt has a lot of movement, but it's all from one simple block, made with only one seam. How's that for easy? 

The pattern features instructions to make the quilt in two sizes; a 48" x 56" baby quilt and a 64" x 80" lap quilt. 

This is the baby quilt size; it debuted in Art Gallery Fabrics' lookbook for Mister Domestic's new collection, Catch & Release. As soon as I saw all those fun blue and teal prints, I knew the line would work perfectly for this quilt. 


I also sewed the lap size, using the Strata collection from Michael Miller. I love the texture of these blue, gray and beige prints! I think this version is destined to become my new couch snuggle quilt, but I might have to wrestle it from my boys, who all want it for their bed. We'll see who wins once it's quilted...

Lake photo on a windy day:

And an outtake. Sometimes it's hard to explain to your quilt corner holders that you don't actually want them to be visible in the photo! 


On the Go is available as a digital download in my Etsy shop

Here's a peek at the yardage requirements as well. I included specific instructions for directional prints, as it changes the cutting slightly. 

In case you missed it, find the tutorial for the Gone Fishin' Pouches, also made from Mister Domestic's Catch and Release fabrics, here.


No comments:

Post a Comment