Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Rain on the Window Block!

Happy April! It's the month of showers, right? I decided to design a block inspired by bargello techniques for Quilt Block Mania. 

My vision - keep in mind this is abstract - was streams of water dripping down a window, creating a blurry view of the world outside. So I've got the strips of blue, shading from dark to light, as the "rain" and the strips of green, also shading from dark to light, as the grass/bushes/foliage outside. Like I said, abstract. :) 


 I think it would be fun to sew this in solids as well, but I'd love to make this block into a throw pillow and quilt it with wavy vertical lines to mimic the rain feel. 



I played around to see how this block would look in a quilt. I really like how this looks--what do you think?



The tutorial for making this block is on my subscribers only page - if you receive my newsletter, you'll find the link in the latest email. If you don't yet, you can subscribe to the newsletter in the right hand sidebar and you'll receive an introduction email with the link. I hope you enjoy making it!

See all of the other rain-themed April Quilt Block Mania blocks using these links: 

Rainbow of raindrops by Carolina Moore
Raindrops by Perkins Dry Goods
Rainy Day Walk Home by The Quilted Diary
Raindrop by Blockofthemodotcom
I Love Rainy Days by Heidi Pridemore
Petrichor by Althea Gyde
Gray Skies are Gonna Clear Up by Blue Bear Quilts
Rain from Heaven by Faith and Fabric
Umbrella and Gumboots by Duck Creek Mountain Quilting
April Showers by QuiltFabrication
Pouring Rain by Patti's Patchwork
Spring Crocus by PhoebeMoon Designs
Playing in the Rain by Puppy Girl Designs
Rainy Day by Studio R Quilts
Rain Showers by Slice of Pi Quilts
Rain by Oh Kaye Quilting
Doves in the rain by Sara Flynn
April Showers by Inquiring Quilter
Rain Will Make the Flowers Grow by Devoted Quilter
I've Got Sunshine on a Rainy Day
Let it Rain
Splish-Splash by Pretty Piney Quilts
April Showers by Cotton Street Commons


You can also find me:
To find all of my quilt patterns, visit my Etsy shop
Find me on IG here.
Find me on Facebook here.
Sign up for my newsletter in the right-hand sidebar or here


8 comments:

  1. The block really has a cool effect in the overall quilt. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All these block patterns from the Block Mania group never ceases to amaze me. You are so creative!! Love your block, and the quilt layout would be so easy to change around into many different designs. Ingenious!! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Such a nice comment to read!

      Delete
    2. I live the abstract one especially! You really get the feel of the rain!

      Delete
    3. I live the abstract one especially! You really get the feel of the rain!

      Delete
  3. How do we get your block please

    ReplyDelete