Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Rainbow-licious with Mini Quilt finish!

 Happy Wednesday! 

Today I'm sharing a tutorial on the Thermoweb blog to make this Rainbow-licious Pillow (doesn't the pom-pom trim just finish it perfectly?!). Find the tutorial here


I also made a second version that I turned into a small wall hanging, and I'm going to share the finishing steps for that quilt below. 

To make this project, follow the materials list and steps for making the rainbow (up through step 5) on the Thermoweb blog. You won't need the fiberfill or the pom-pom trim. You will need (2) 2-1/4" x WOF strips for binding. 

Finishing the Quilt
Step 1 After adhering the Fusible Fleece to the wrong side of the rainbow top, add the 14" x 18" backing piece - I used SpraynBond Basting Adhesive to secure it. Quilt your piece as desired. I did diagonal straight lines with my walking foot. Tip: I admit I'm lazy about marking quilts, so with a small quilt like this, I just mark the first line and then line up the edge of my walking foot for the rest!


Step 2 Square up the quilted piece to your desired measurement. I just squared mine up so it measures approximately 17" x 13". 

Step 3 Use the (2) 2-1/4" x WOF binding strips to bind the quilt. That's it!


I hope you like these rainbow projects as much as I do!


If you're new here, welcome! I hope you'll stay and look around a bit. 
If you like what you've seen here, you can also find me:
To find all of my quilt patterns, visit my Etsy shop
Find me on IG here.
Find me on Facebook here.
Sign up for my newsletter in the right-hand sidebar or here
(You'll receive a free pattern for my Diamond Drama quilt (below) as a thank you!)





No comments:

Post a Comment