Friday, August 20, 2021

Introducing Star Bows!

Today I'm excited to share my new Star Bows pattern with you. I love these oversized star blocks! They remind me of bows on gifts - do you see it too? I'd love to make this quilt in Christmas fabric next! Or maybe just a table runner? That seems more do-able before the holidays this year! 
Purchase the Star Bows pattern here.

I used the Dewdrop collection from Windham Fabrics for my quilt. I love the bright range of colors, plus the subtle stripes in the print. The icing on the cake? metallic dots! Aren't they gorgeous?! And did I mention that this pattern is fat quarter friendly?

                                   

The secret to this block is the direction the stripes run - they create movement in the star points. I think the alternating white and gray background colors add an extra pop to this quilt as well. 


The pattern includes directions to make this two-color version as well.
It gives the stars a completely different look!

Since it's August, my brain is in picnic mode. Wouldn't this make a fantastic picnic quilt? I took the quilt out to Paw Paw Lake for a little photoshoot - so summery looking!

Ready to make your own Star Bows quilt? You can purchase the pattern in my Etsy shop



If you're new here, welcome! I hope you'll stay and look around a bit. 
If you like what you've seen here, you can also find me:
To find all of my quilt patterns, visit my Etsy shop
Find me on IG here.
Find me on Facebook here.
Sign up for my newsletter in the right-hand sidebar or here
(You'll receive a free pattern for my Diamond Drama quilt (below) as a thank you!)


 


No comments:

Post a Comment