Friday, January 21, 2022

It's Valentine Central here...

 Today I'm sharing a fun Puzzle Heart Mini Quilt tutorial on the Thermoweb blog. This is a no-sew block made with HeatnBond Lite Fusible Adhesive and it's all about the cutting (sort of like last week's placemats...I'm sensing a theme here...). Although you will need to sew to finish it into a mini quilt.

Puzzle Heart Mini Quilt

Find the tutorial here

I just want to gush about the fabric a little more. These Hugs & Kisses prints from Benartex are soooo cute! They sent me a layer cake to play with, and the 10" square size is perfect for making these blocks. And I'm thinking maybe I'll use the leftovers for some pillows.


I couldn't decide which fabrics to use, so I made a red heart too!



Make a Table Runner!

Once you make one of these blocks, you'll still have the pieces left for three more. Plus, they're kind of addicting to make. So I'm going to give you some information to transform three blocks into an easy runner. Just for fun, I popped in one of the bigger prints from Hugs & Kisses for the border fabric. 



You'll Need:

  • (3) 11-1/2" square heart blocks (see tutorial here)
  • 1/2 yard border fabric
  • 3/8 yard binding fabric
  • 2/3 yard backing fabric
  • 19" x 45" piece of batting

Cutting:

From the border fabric:
(2) 2-1/2" x 41" border strips
(4) 2-1/2" x 11-1/2" sashing strips

From the binding fabric:
(4) 2-1/4" x WOF strips


Assemble the Table Runner

Note: Depending on how often you plan to wash your runner, you may want to stitch down the raw edge appliques before assembling the runner. 

Step 1 Sew together (4) 2-1/2" x 11-1/2" sashing strips alternating with (3) heart blocks. 

Step 2 Sew the 2-1/2" x 41-1/2" border strips to opposite long sides of the runner. 




Step 3 Layer the backing fabric, batting and runner top. Baste layers together and quilt as desired. 

Step 4 Use the (4) 2-1/4" x WOF binding strips to bind the runner.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment