Saturday, May 12, 2012

Fabric Friday, sneak peek, and sad rulers

shhh...I know it's actually Saturday, but I'm posting like it's still Friday. I spent most of Friday trying to finish quilting the wonky log cabin quilt. And it's done! Here's a sneak peek.
I did simple straight line quilting on it, which in some places could be called wonky straight line quilting. I definitely need to practice my technique to improve! But hey...that's what the next (and the next, and the next) quilt top is for! I'm thrilled to have this done because I'm going to show it off in the Blogger's Quilt Festival at amyscreativeside.com next week.

My plan is to share some fabric every Friday, whether it's something I'm getting ready to sew with or just some fabrics that I am coveting. I've got great plans for these prints, from Gudrun Erla's Reflections line for Red Rooster fabrics, plus that dark and rich gray solid.


And finally, the only thing more sad than this:
Is this:
Yep, I did the same thing to both of my 6" x 24" rulers. Argh! I cut fabric on the ground, so they've been cracked for a while, but a well-placed knee/foot took both of these to the next level in the last few weeks. I think I'm going to invest in a new ruler, a ruler holder, and maybe even a new cutting technique!

Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment