Friday, May 17, 2013

Loosey Goosey Quilting

I finished quilting my Tea Towel Challenge project today! 
Because of the linen towel in the center, the whole project is pretty, for lack of a better word, loose. Basically, the hemmed edges of the towel were tighter than the center of the towel, so there are some spots that are almost baggy. (I'm really making this sound appealing, aren't I?!). 
Which just meant that when I quilted it, it still felt loose. Happily, it hangs pretty straight. 

As several people suggested, I quilted wavy lines below each line of text. I quilted along the outer edges of the towel, and then I did a few rounds of large zigzag quilting in the brown and and outer border, trying not to compete with all the piecing. I like it!

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict's Can I get a whoop whoop! and Crazy Mom Quilts' Finish It Up Friday.



7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of a tea towel quilt. I have a collection of them that are too fabulous to use. Now I have something to do with them. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great. I love how you quilted it. It sure makes a darling wallhanging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how it turned out. Thanks for bringing it on Saturday! I loved seeing it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We became a follower of your blog via google friends connect. Please come follow our blog back! Thanks

    Anna and Sarah
    quackadoodlequilt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete