Thursday, February 23, 2017

Everyone's a Star Quilt Along - Week 4

I'm part of the Everyone's a Star Quilt Along @Sewinlovewithfabric. The Quilt Along is in its 4th week--next week it'll be time to assemble the quilt! I'm making the quilt using the Zentastic fabric collection.

Here's my digital rendering for the entire quilt. I used the same white background print and black and gray coordinates in each block, and then chose one bright print as an accent. 
Scrappy, but organized. 

These are my Star #3 blocks--four different colors. 
You can find the tutorial for these blocks here.

I made the blocks just like the tutorial, except when I was cutting the 2-1/2" x 4-1/2" black pieces, I cut half of them from a 4-1/2" wide strip (so I cut 2-1/2" segments) and half from a 2-1/2" strip (where I cut 4-1/2" segments). This allowed me to keep the directional black print all going in the same direction. 

One more week and this quilt top is finished! 


No comments:

Post a Comment