Thursday, January 31, 2019

OMG: That's A Swirl

I completed my January One Monthly Goal and even had one day to spare! 

I designed this quilt about 18 months ago. I convinced my mom to make it for me--so much cutting!! 
She pieced it and then it sat in my "to be quilted" pile for too long. Now it's done!



Here's a close-up of the quilting. Because it's raw edge applique, I wanted to close as close to the edges as I could, without doing something like a zig zag stitch. That would be a lot of zig zagging! 

For the swirls themselves, I followed the swirl pattern with free motion quilting--which is why the lines aren't anywhere near perfect! For the background, I used pebbles. The quilting obviously shows up more on the white than the prints. 

Now to write the pattern...


2 comments:

  1. Such a fun quilt - great job! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that quilt - mom did an awesome job with all that cutting!! I like your swirls and pebbles...good choices!

    ReplyDelete