Tuesday, April 30, 2019

OMQG Block of the Month

I was asked to come up with a block for the Orlando Modern Quilt Guild Block of the Month. Find the post here. I chose the Hashtag block, from a free quilt pattern I designed for Paintbrush Studio using Painter's Palette Solids. For this block, you'll need white and gray, and four different values (either solids or tonal prints).
I made two sample blocks: 


Here's the original quilt:
 Read more about the quilt here.


These teal colors are always my favorite! 


I wanted to show the block in prints as well. The key is to choose prints that don't have a lot of other colors in them. You'll need a dark, a medium, a medium light, and a light. 


Here's a mock-up of the quilt in teal, purple, lime and orange:
Download the Hashtag free quilt pattern here.

No comments:

Post a Comment