Friday, June 14, 2019

ZuZu Squares Show and Tell

Earlier this spring, I taught my ZuZu Squares pattern in a workshop with the Great Lakes Modern Quilt Guild

Here's my sample quilt. Diane Oakes, who is holding it with me, quilted it. See close-ups of her quilting here.


I loved seeing all the different fabric choices these ladies made for their quilts! Today I'm going to share some of their quilt tops so you can see how this pattern looks with different fabrics and palettes. It's especially fun to see the different prints chosen for the skinny strips (in my original pattern, those strips are pieced from black and white solids, but I provide directions to use fabric strips instead).


Lynne used a white-on-black geometric print that creates really well-defined frames around each colored section.


Diane used a black-on-white skinny chevron print. She also made more blocks to create a larger quilt.


Jill pieced her skinny strips like I did. 

I love this pieced block she created in the middle of the quilt!!


Pam used a black-on-white dot for her skinny strips.


Jackie chose a complete different palette--I love it! 


Jane chose a black and white chevron print.


Here's my second sample version, ready to be quilted:
(Yep, I took it to Epcot!)



Want to make your own? Purchase the pattern in my Etsy shop. If you'd like me to do a workshop featuring this pattern at your guild or quilt shop, email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment