Thursday, February 27, 2020

Join the Fun! Star Crossing Quilt Along

I'm hosting a Quilt Along and I hope you'll join in! 

The Star Crossing pattern features three sizes of stars that angle across the quilt from corner to corner. The pattern is on sale until the QAL starts--grab it here.

The quilt measures 52" square and is easy to sew--especially with me walking you through each step!

I used the Over the Rainbow fabric collection from Paintbrush Studio Fabrics. I love these cheery rainbow prints, especially during these chilly and gray late winter days. 

If you'd like to use the same fabrics, here are some shops carrying them (please contact me if you know of any others and I'll add them in!):

  
These rainbows are my favorite fabric in the quilt, and I loosely outline quilted them so they'd pop a bit.

The mini rainbows on the back are pretty cute too!

I've set up the dates of the QAL so that it's easy to keep up. I'll be posting on both IG and on the blog, with more details here. 

Follow along each week if you can, but if you get behind, no worries! The blog posts about the quilt along will always be available. Each week I'll share photos, tips and quilt progress. I'll also be making a scrappy version along with you!


Quilt Along schedule:
March 12: Fabric selection
March 18: Cutting
March 25: Small and medium stars
April 2: Center star and assembly (I can't promise there won't be some April Fool's jokes...)
April 9: Machine quilting

April 22: Binding


The downloadable version of the Star Crossing pattern is on sale in my Etsy shop through March 12th, so grab your copy today!



Purchase the pattern (currently 20% off!) here.

*Bring a friend deal: Get a friend to sign up for the QAL and purchase the pattern, and you'll receive 20% off an additional pattern of your choice! 
Simply email me your friend's name and I'll email you the coupon.

************************************************************************************

In addition, Pam and Diane, the lovely ladies at Piece, Love and Quilting, are offering a special deal to QAL participants:
25% off computerized edge to edge long arm quilting 
(including batting) for Star Crossing quilts

Contact them via FB or IG to take advantage of this discount!

No comments:

Post a Comment