Friday, March 27, 2020

Precut Project Hop: Ebb & Flow


Hello and welcome to the last day of Benartex's Precut Project Hop! The full schedule is at the bottom of this post, so if you missed any days, you can check them all out. 

I designed the Ebb & Flow quilt about a year ago and have been waiting patiently to remake it in a new fabric line. Imagine my delight when I saw Christa Watson's Gridwork collection! The fabrics feature bright and bold geometric designs that pop, even in precut 2-1/2"-wide strips (Benartex calls the packs Strip-pies). And by using precut strips, I reduced the cutting time for making this quilt in half! 




Here's what I used to make the quilt. I chose the Black Grid for the background so that the brights would stand out even more. The hourglass-style blocks use two print strips each; the diamond-shaped blocks use one. You'll have plenty of strips leftover to play with! Find Christa's Gridwork fabric (including Strip-pie packs) in her shop.



I love the ripple effect this quilt design has.



I quilted it using wavy horizontal lines. And I was worried about running out of black thread before I finished, so just for fun, I used a variety of colors in the bobbin: purple, fuchsia, turquoise. The quilting was a little rocky, so I'm not showing a photo--you'll just have to imagine the color on the back!



Great texture!

If you'd like to make Ebb & Flow, you can purchase the pattern in my Etsy shop. For 20% off the pattern, use the code STAYATHOME. (And while you're add it, check out another hop I'm involved in, Stay at Home and Hop.)
Purchase this pattern in my Etsy shop.


Did you catch the rest of the Precut Project Hop? Visit everyone below.


Monday 3/16: 

Tuesday 3/17: 

Wednesday 3/18: 

Thursday 3/19: 

Friday 3/20: 

Saturday 3/21:

Sunday 3/22: 

Monday 3/23: 

Tuesday 3/24: 

Wednesday 3/25: 

Thursday 3/26: 

Friday 3/27: 

No comments:

Post a Comment