Friday, May 8, 2020

Introducing Wonk Around the Block!

I'm soooo excited to share this quilt today!

Meet "Wonk Around the Block"
54" x 65"

This quilt includes both traditional and wonky piecing for a fun modern result.
The pattern will be available as a Block of the Month, running for 6 months. 

I'll also be offering video tutorials as an add-on, where I'll walk you through the steps each month--especially helpful if you're new to wonky piecing and maybe feeling a bit intimidated. (It's easy! I promise!)


Of course there's a backstory behind this quilt!
My guild, the Great Lakes Modern Quilt Guild, had approached me about creating a modern BOM for members to participate in, tentatively scheduled for 2021. Then Coronavirus happened, and I thought that 2020 might be better--a nice distraction as many of us are spending more time at home and not having in-person guild meetings. I played around with a design, shared it with the guild, and started sewing. One month later, here we are!

I'll be posting details about how to purchase the pattern and the video tutorials as soon as everything is finalized. I hope you'll consider joining me! 

I'll shared this quilt and a quick wonky piecing tutorial on Facebook Live recently as part of the Designer Tips & Techniques Virtual Show. View it on my Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment