Thursday, December 10, 2020

Strippy Improv Blocks Pattern + Video Tutorial!

 Ok, so it took a couple days, but my Strippy Improv Holiday pattern is now available in my Etsy shop! 

Purchase the pattern here.


When I first started making blocks using this technique, I had no idea how many people would be interested in it. But you were, and so I wanted to share! Here's the ornament I made in the video tutorial (more info below!)--red and green stripe!



The pattern includes step-by-step instructions and diagrams to make a strippy improv ornament block, and then finishing directions to transform four blocks into a small quilt or table runner. It also has templates and additional steps for making four other holiday shapes: a snowman, a star, a Christmas tree, and a candy cane, plus some layout ideas for various ways to use the blocks. 

Just for fun, here are the two snowmen I finished. One I embellished, the other I left as a minimalist snowman. :)




Because improv can be intimidating if it's not something you do regularly, I also created a YouTube tutorial that you can watch here to walk you through the steps of making a block. 



The reverse applique is my favorite part because it transforms the pieced section into something recognizable so quickly! 


Purchase the pattern in my Etsy shop here. (10% off through Saturday using code HOLIDAY10)

Watch the video here.


If you like what you've seen here, you can also find me:
To find all of my quilt patterns, visit my Etsy shop
Find me on IG here.
Find me on Facebook here.
Sign up for my newsletter in the right-hand sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment