Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Stitch and Flip Mountain Block

I've been playing with improv piecing lately (new quilt coming soon!), and when I saw the July Quilt Block Mania prompt was vacation, I knew exactly what I wanted to make. Our family is in the middle of a 3-week vacation out west--the Black Hills of South Dakota to Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks, and finally to Montana. So I clearly have mountains on my mind! 


I used improv piecing to add a little detail and scrappy goodness to each background (aka mountain) and then made those backgrounds into flying geese. Instant mountain block! 



The tutorial for making this block is on my subscribers only page - if you receive my newsletter, you'll find the link in the latest email. If you don't yet, you can subscribe to the newsletter in the right hand sidebar and you'll receive an introduction email with the link. I hope you enjoy making it!


Make sure to check out all the other vacation themed blocks being shared this month!

Bridge Quilt block by Carolina Moore
Lucky is on the road again at Puppy Girl Designs
Scenic Route by Slice of Pi Quilts
Travel to the Woods by Oh Kaye Quilting
Embark by Inquiring Quilter
Delectable Mountains at PhoebeMoon Designs
Treasure Chest Star by Blue Bear Quilts
Wanderlust by Heidi Pridemore
On the Water by Patti's Patchwork
Come Sail Away by Mom and Me Quilting Co.
Wish You Were Here at Pretty Piney Quilts
Pack It Up by QuiltFabrication
Me and Bobby McGee at Orange Blossom Quilt Design Studio
Wild Blue Yonder at Perkins Dry Goods
Take a Hike by Devoted Quilter
Into the Blue at Duck Creek Mountain Quilting
T-Shirt Fun at The Quilting Room with Mel
Stitch and Flip Mountain Block

No comments:

Post a Comment