Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Strippy Improv Holiday Sew Along Part 3

Welcome back for part 3 of the Strippy Improv Holiday Sew Along! Today, I'm making star blocks. If you're just joining in, this is a very loose sew along--see the schedule at the bottom of this post--I'm making four different blocks and then talking about assembly. Totally do-able before Christmas!

Need the pattern? Find it here.
 

I originally made the gold star on gray, so I decided to play around a bit with my next couple star block samples.


I love how this one turned out--I am picturing a whole quilt of ombre-style star blocks! 
I'm going to turn this block into a potholder (or even just a mini quilt!). I had this dark teal Bedrock print in my stash and the golds pop off of it so beautifully!


Since I'm trying to stay in the color theme of my border fabric for this version of Strippy Improv Holiday, I decided to make a red and white striped star instead of gold. I think it'll look great opposite the red and white candy cane!

I had some help making these blocks thanks to a sick day from school. Actually, he did most of the work! He sewed the strips on for each star, and I handled the cutting, trimming and pressing. We made a great team!



These blocks stitch up so quickly - you still have time to make something before the holidays! The pattern comes with templates for five different blocks (ornament, snowman, tree, star and candy cane), as well as two layout options--a four-patch style wall hanging and a table runner.
Purchase the pattern here.

See you back here Thursday for another block! 

Strippy Improv Holiday Sew Along Schedule:

Thursday, November 18th - Intro and Fabric Selection

Tuesday, November 23rd - Make a block

Tuesday, November 30th - Make a block

Thursday, December 2nd - Make a block

Tuesday, December 7th - Make a block

Thursday, December 9th - Assembly

Tuesday, December 14th - Alternate options

Thursday, December 16th - Finishing

********************************************************************

If you're new here, welcome! I hope you'll stay and look around a bit. 
If you like what you've seen here, you can also find me:
To find all of my quilt patterns, visit my Etsy shop
Find me on IG here.
Find me on Facebook here.
Sign up for my newsletter in the right-hand sidebar or here
(You'll receive a free pattern for my Diamond Drama quilt (below) as a thank you!)

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I'm very excited to inform everyone that I'm completely cured from my HSV 1&2 recently. I have used Oregano oil, Coconut oil, Acyclovir, Valacyclovir, Famciclovir, and some other products and it's really help during my outbreaks but I totally got cured! from my HSV with a strong and active herbal medicine ordered from a powerful herbalist and it completely fought the virus from my nervous system and I was tested negative after 14 days of using the herbal medicine. I'm here to let you all know that herpes virus has a complete cure, I got rid of mine with the help of Dr Okiti and his herbal exploit. Contact him via email: drokitiherbalhome100@gmail.com or WhatsApp +1 484 393 5484




    ReplyDelete