My July ALYOF goal was simple--to bind this quilt. I had ideas of doing something fancy--either a binding that was pieced so each section was color coordinated, or a new technique I learned to bind from the back side (more on that later!)...however, my ultimate decision to go with the plain periwinkle binding was made for one reason only: fabric availability.
I had forgotten that when I made the quilt I had very little left in the way or scraps. The periwinkle was the only option I had without buying more fabric! So periwinkle it was!
After I bound the quilt, I washed it. Love the enhanced texture!
Linking up with ALYOF over at Sew Bittersweet Designs.
Until next month...